Amparo provides support
Amparo provides support to anyone who has been affected by suicide, the service is free and confidential for as long as people need it.
To continue offering this free service your support is crucial, whether you can fundraise, make a donation or give your time as a volunteer, everyone is welcome.
Friends of Amparo?
- Friends of Amparo gives people the opportunity to help our services develop
- Friends can get involved by volunteering, fundraising or becoming an ambassador for our services, helping others to access the services on offer.
Here to help
- In England and Wales someone dies by suicide every 1 hour 36 minutes
- People bereaved by the sudden death of a friend or family member are 65% more likely to attempt suicide if the deceased died by suicide
- Those bereaved by suicide are 80% more likely to drop out of education or work
- The Amparo service has been delivered since 2015, and during that time, we have worked with over 1,000 direct beneficiaries
- There have been no reported suicides of the beneficiaries of the service
Where does the money go?
£50 pays for an initial assessment with somebody bereaved by suicide to check their health and well being
£250 covers the cost of a suicide memorial to remember the people that have been lost to suicide
What people say about Amparo
Everything was perfect and exactly what I needed at the time I needed it most.
Amparo and their staff deserve a medal for their dedication. It can't be easy. Thank you so much.